What is Gum Grafting and Why is it Needed?
Gum grafting is essential for combating gum recession:
- Restorative Procedure: Gum grafting involves surgically adding tissue to areas where gums have receded.
- Protective Benefits: It protects teeth from the damaging effects of gum recession and can significantly improve the appearance of your smile.
What Are the Different Types of Gum Grafting Procedures?
We offer several gum grafting options:
- Connective Tissue Grafts: The most common type, involving tissue from under the palate.
- Free Gingival Grafts: Involve taking tissue directly from the palate.
- Pedicle Grafts: Tissue is grafted from gum around or near the tooth needing repair.
- Choice of Technique: Depends on individual needs and the extent of gum recession.
How Do You Prepare for a Gum Grafting Procedure?
Preparation is key for successful outcomes:
- Comprehensive Exam: Includes a dental examination, cleaning, and treatment of any existing dental issues.
- Pre-Procedure Instructions: We provide detailed guidelines to ensure you are fully prepared for the procedure.
What is the Recovery Process Like for Gum Grafting?
Recovery from gum grafting is generally smooth:
- Post-Procedure Care: Involves managing minimal discomfort with medication and following dietary guidelines.
- Healing Process: We advise on oral care practices to ensure a smooth healing process and optimal results.
Join Our Diverse Patient Family
Experience exceptional dental services, tailored to the unique communities of Oakland Park, Ft. Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, and Coconut Creek. Schedule your visit today and join our diverse patient family.