What Are Dental Implants and How Do They Work?
Dental implants are a modern solution for tooth loss:
- Design and Function: They consist of titanium posts surgically placed into the jawbone, acting as a stable foundation for replacement teeth.
- Integration with Jawbone: Implants fuse with the bone over time, providing stability, preserving bone health, and preventing the bone loss often seen with tooth loss.
Who is a Good Candidate for Dental Implants?
Ideal candidates for dental implants include:
- Overall Health Considerations: Those in good general health, with sufficient jawbone density to support the implant and healthy gums.
- Special Considerations: Smokers or individuals with certain medical conditions may require a more thorough evaluation to determine suitability.
What is the Procedure for Getting Dental Implants?
The implant process, tailored to each patient's needs:
- Surgical Placement: The implant post is carefully placed into the jawbone.
- Healing and Integration: A period of healing allows the implant to integrate with the bone.
- Crown Attachment: Once healed, a custom-made crown is attached to the implant, completing the aesthetic and functional restoration.
How Do You Care for Dental Implants?
Caring for implants is akin to caring for natural teeth:
- Regular Oral Hygiene: Consistent brushing and flossing are crucial.
- Routine Dental Visits: Regular check-ups at our Fort Lauderdale practice ensure the health and longevity of your implants and overall oral well-being.
Join Our Diverse Patient Family
Experience exceptional dental services, tailored to the unique communities of Oakland Park, Ft. Lauderdale, Pompano Beach, and Coconut Creek. Schedule your visit today and join our diverse patient family.